Have you been stuffing junk food and carbs and proteins like it was your last chance to do it? Give this 3-day anti-inflammatory detox plan a chance and treat yourself with a feeling of amazingness.
Don’t you think it is about time for a little detox? What if anyone told you a while ago that you would ever be doing a detox? You’d probably just nod and roll your eyes over. Whoever does a detox, loser. Well, think again, OK?
You probably never trusted detoxes, but just be patient and go trough this article, maybe you’ll change your mind for a bit.
You probably thought that doing a detox means eating nothing and drinking just plain water. Well, not exactly. You should be aware that you need a REBOOT and face the fact that no matter how hard it is, there will be only good consequences. Once you admit it to yourself, it won’t sound that harsh anymore.
“Reboot your system” with this 3-day anti-inflammatory detox
Keep in mind that this detox (that lasts only three days) isn’t about giving up on food and just consume juices, but it certainly will help the body to:
- decrease chronic inflammation
- intensify liver detoxification
- lower the need for sweetened and other inflammatory foods
- put an end of dreaming about food (all the time) and what’s next on the menu
- change our food fondness & readjust the taste buds
- honour and get back to normal food
- get more energy & vitality
- refine skin and even get rid of some weight
You can definitely achieve these goals if you:
- consume (more) raw foods
- get enough quantities of water
- make a minimum of three hours break between each meal
- have the last (daily) meal three hours before going to sleep
- make sure to combine foods that contain these (anti-aging) vitamins: A, C, and E
- consume (more) products containing a low glycemic index, also detox and anti-inflammatory foods
- keep a distance from sugar, all processed foods, coffee, and of course animal products
Also worth mentioning is that this anti-inflammatory meal plan is completely gluten and dairy-free.
Are you ready to start?
As this is a very gentle and smooth detox that won’t make you starving, you can start practising it at any time of the week (workdays or weekend – it’s up to you.)
It will make you feel light, and you won’t be stuffing food. Every time you feel like you want to eat something, but it’s still not the time to do so, just have a glass of water and decide later if you really wanted to eat. If you still decide to grab a bite – choose wisely.
There is a possibility that you’ll experience (some) detox symptoms such as headaches (if you are a regular coffee drinker), but it depends on your current dietary habits.
Two reasons to do this detox, but you can find even more
Reason #1: You are consuming way too many carbs. If you eat carbs almost just in the late hours and you may be worried about your little pancreas producing too much insulin like it’s just nothing.
You want to readjust any insulin insensitivity you might have, so you want to prevent whatever you can for as long as possible.
Reason #2: You want to forget about junk food. Isn’t this a reason good enough to start this detox?
When you’re done with this detox plan, the idea is to keep on consuming healthy foods no matter the circumstances, but what is certain, is that it’ll make you feel like you were reborn.
3-Day Anti-Inflammatory Detox Plan To Make You Feel Amazing
Foods to include:
This 3-day anti-inflammatory detox plan includes a variety of the following foods of which vegetables should be prioritized (approximately 80% of your food).
These superfoods are great in fighting inflammation, will boost your energy levels, and will provide your body with nutrients that have antioxidant and anti-aging properties. Various studies have shown these foods prevent certain diseases and may improve bone and skin health.
- Vitamin C: Foods that include a high quantity of vitamin C (practically most veggies and fruits) such as lemons, limes, kiwi, all the berries, all types of cabbage, tangerines, oranges, citrus, parsley, etc.
- Carotenoids: On this list are green and red(orange) foods like tomatoes (also tomato paste and sun-dried tomatoes), kale, carrots, spinach, rocket.
- Vitamin E and healthy fats: You can get enough healthy fats consuming raw nuts and seeds (almonds, cashews, walnuts, sunflower seeds, flax seeds) coconut and avocado.
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory Specials: Powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory. Here we have onions, garlic, herbs, and spices such as turmeric, basil, ginger, cumin, chili powder, parsley.
- Grains & legumes: A nice combo of fiber and protein – lentils, chickpeas, quinoa, and millet.
- Sweet Fruit: If you want to have some additional fiber and sweetness – have one banana or mango, of course, per day.
- Water: It should be your #1 food! YES, it’s not actually a food, but it’s vital to have it enough while doing this 3-day detox.
Foods not to include in your 3-day detox plan:
- Processed foods
- Dried fruit, sweeteners and/or sugar, honey, (you’ll still consume fresh fruits)
- Animal products (hint: meat, eggs, fish, yogurt, cheese, milk)
- Gluten rich foods (oats are on this list as well… bummer!)
Let’s get to the recipes
Tip: Keep in mind that here you can get just a few suggestions, but since we’re all different, everyone is invited to choose their own option (someone might have an intolerance to some of the ingredients) and add their own detox recipes to the plan. Just decide what’s best for you, and stick to your plan.
Here’s what you need:
- food processor
- a hand blender (for most of the recipes)
- a regular blender
- large bowl
- food containers for the leftovers (to take to lunch)
- mason jars
1st option: Kiwi & apple green smoothie
- one apple
- one kiwi
- one banana
- one cup fresh and frozen spinach (proportion 2:1)
- one tablespoon chia seeds
(Use the hand blender). You’ll get 2 glasses of this smoothie. Preferably you should have the second one later (when you need something small). You can add a teaspoon of chia seeds and some cilantro to this recipe as well.
2nd Option: Strawberry cheesecake smoothie bowl
- one cup frozen and unsweetened strawberries (blend when half defrosted)
- Juice of one orange
- 1/3 cup cashews, (raw and soaked overnight)
- one tablespoon flax seeds
- one walnut
Use the hand blender. Blend all the ingredients (until preferred consistency), put in a bowl, and eat it as a soup.
Lunch / Dinner:
First option: Tomatoes, chickpeas & garlic salad
- half a cup canned chickpeas
- one green pepper, (small or medium)
- three medium tomatoes
- one cup of arugula
- few mint leaves (by choice)
- one clove of garlic
- lemon juice (by taste)
- salt, pepper, and olive oil
Just a mixing bowl would do the work. Just chop the veggies and mix everything together. Enjoy!
2nd option: Arugula, tomato and avocado salad
- one cup rocket
- a couple of basil leaves
- two medium tomatoes
- one avocado
- one medium size cucumber
- one green pepper (a small one)
- one tablespoon of lemon juice
- sesame seeds (1-2 tbsp)
- salt, pepper, and olive oil (1 tablespoon)
Just a mixing bowl is enough. Just chop the veggies and mix everything together. Season to taste. You might as well add some onions, nuts, legumes or grains to make it tastier.
3rd Option: Quinoa & Avocado Salad
- one cup of cooked quinoa
- on green or red pepper, medium
- half a cup olives
- one spring onion
- half a cup chopped tomatoes
- one medium size avocado
- half a cup rocket
- half a cup chopped parsley
- few leaves basil
- one tablespoon vinegar
- juice of a half lemon
- salt and olive oil to taste
You only need a mixing bowl. This recipe is more than enough for two servings. Tip: You can prepare half of the recipe or store the leftovers in a plastic container, so it’s ready for your next lunch or dinner. In this case, add the vinegar, oil, and tomatoes just before eating.
4th option: Vegan Lettuce tacos
- half a cup soaked and dried walnuts
- half a cup soaked & dried almonds
- 1/3 cup soaked & dried sunflower seeds
- one tablespoon ground cumin
- half a tablespoon of ground ginger
- half a tablespoon of ground coriander
- a dash of hot paprika/chili powder (by choice)
- half a tablespoon of ground flax seeds
- half a tablespoon of turmeric
- black pepper
- one medium onion
- one and a half tablespoon of tomato paste
- one tablespoon of lemon juice
- one tablespoon vinegar (may be balsamic)
- two small cubed tomatoes
- one clove of garlic (by choice)
- a bunch of parsley, cilantro or basil
- a handful of spinach or rocket
- one red pepper (medium)
- one carrot (medium)
- lettuce (the type you want)
You will need a food processor. This is also a recipe for two servings (can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days). Keep the portion you won’t eat in a plastic container and add the lettuce wraps only before eating. It’s a filling, healthy, and very delicious dish.
5th option: (This one is a warm lunch or dinner): Red lentils and broccoli soup
- half a tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1/3 tablespoon of ground cardamom (by choice)
- half a tablespoon of ground turmeric
- half a tablespoon of ground ginger
- one and a half cups of broccoli
- half a cup red lentils
- one medium onion
- one clove of garlic
- few mint leaves
- cilantro (by choice)
- one red chili pepper (by choice)
- two tablespoons of olive oil
You will need a hand blender. These quantities are enough for 4 portions. You can store the leftovers in a plastic container in the fridge and reheat before consuming it.
Plan your lunch
You can have option One for lunch twice following options two, three and four for the remaining lunches/dinners. You can include the soup here if you want to have a healthy detox warm option.
Keep the snacks as simple as they could be:
- walnuts, almonds, or seeds (raw)
- eat a fruit such as banana, an orange, or berries
- leftover smoothie
- water – (or, infuse it with fruit and herbs if you want)
- caffeine free herbal teas
- any of the morning smoothies
Make sure you make a three hours break between meals and do not have the last meal for the day at least 3 hours before going to sleep. (If you’re going to sleep at 10pm, have the last meal at 7pm.
Try to exercise
Don’t do anything too intense during this detox period, but some pilates or yoga could be a right choice. Try to relax, strengthen and really reconnect with the body.
OK! Are you excited about this 3-day detox plan? You really need it. You should (preferably) stop drinking coffee for a few days. I’m almost sure you will enjoy this smooth three-day anti-inflammatory detox plan, and if you do and want to be accompanied by someone, please share this post with that specific detox partner and stay tuned to get more updates, healthy tips and recipes! Enjoy and have a great week!